- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
- As fighting in Gaza rages on, Kerry battles hapless bumbler perception
- New Englander Scott Brown turns his gaze to the U.S. border crisis
- Toronto’s Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids’ playground for political props
Topic - Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences
The organization that hands out the Oscars is making some movies of its own.
When Bette Davis became the first female president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 1941, it's believed she was met with such opposition by the predominantly male organization that she resigned after two months.
In the Holy Land, the state of Palestine does not yet exist. But in Hollywood, it already has an Oscar finalist.
The decision to rescind the Academy Awards original song nomination for "Alone Yet Not Alone" from the small faith-based film of the same title is due to integrity, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said in a statement Saturday.
At first flicker, the Turner Classic Movies documentary "And the Oscar Goes To ..." appears to be little more than a promotional film for the Academy Awards.
At a meeting this week, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences board of governors decided to strip the surprise nomination for Best Song from "Alone Yet Not Alone," which appears in the independent Christian-produced film of the same name.
Films like "Saving Mr. Banks" and "Monsters University" were not some of the nominees for this year's Oscars, but others like "Frozen" made the list.
Thursday's Oscar nominations had some new language in the foreign language category: Nominee "Omar" was described as being from "Palestine," a reference the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has carefully avoided in the past.
Two female California state lawmakers have condemned Oscar host Seth MacFarlane's comments during Sunday's awards presentation as degrading toward women and asked the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to use better judgment in the future.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is encouraging celebrities to tweet during the Oscars.
Ben Affleck has won the top film honor from the Directors Guild of America for his CIA thriller "Argo," further sealing its status as best-picture front-runner at the Academy Awards.
Hollywood's strange awards season continues with another ceremony that could firm up a big Oscar win for Ben Affleck's "Argo."
The annual Oscar nominations often confirm the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' allergy to big-budget, crowd-pleasing action and adventure movies.
Visual effects supervisor Bill Taylor is being honored by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
The first Oscar recipients of the new year were announced Thursday by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.