- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Topic - Al-Nusrah
Federal officials say Americans are joining the bloody civil war in Syria, raising the chances they could become radicalized by al-Qaeda-linked militant groups and return to the U.S. as battle-hardened security risks.
President Obama said on Tuesday that the United States will formally recognize a coalition of Syrian opposition groups as that country's legitimate representative, intensifying pressure on President Bashar Assad's embattled regime.
"Every day this conflict grinds on, these extremists are marginalizing moderate leaders like the commanders I met last week — Syrians who don't want to trade Assad for al-Nusrah," he said, referring to the al Qaeda-affiliated terrorist group that is fighting against the regime's forces inside Syria.