- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Cynthia
The city's former police chief was sentenced to 18 months in prison for conspiring to create an unauthorized slush fund, with a federal judge saying she was sending a message that the seriousness of his crimes outweighed his supporters' calls for leniency.
A search of a North Texas lake did not find weapons or evidence linked to the killings of the Kaufman County district attorney, his wife and a chief deputy.
A dive team is searching a North Texas lake for weapons related to last year's slayings of the Kaufman County district attorney, his chief deputy and his wife, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Wednesday.
Jan Karon is going back to Mitford.
A judge has approved a motion to move the death penalty trial of a man accused of killing three people, including two prosecutors, to another North Texas county.
A state senator who's accused of failing to repay a Small Business Administration loan said Monday the case is not related to his legislative duties.
Account information stolen during the Target security breach is now being divided up and sold off regionally, a South Texas police chief said Monday following the arrest of two Mexican citizens who authorities say arrived at the border with 96 fraudulent credit cards.
The U.S. attorney's office is suing Sen. Sean Nienow and his wife, alleging they failed to make payments on a Small Business Administration loan.
The wife of a former justice of the peace in Texas has been arrested on accusations linked to the killings of the Kaufman County District Attorney, his wife and an assistant prosecutor, the Dallas Morning News reported this morning.
A former justice of the peace was arrested on Monday and charged with making a terrorist threat in the case of the killings of two Texas prosecutors.
The FBI and the Texas Rangers have taken the lead in the investigation of the shooting deaths of Kaufman County, Texas, District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, whose bodies were found Saturday night inside their rural Forney, Texas, home.
Texas prosecutors are on high alert, as the suspects in the weekend killing of tough-talking Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife are still at large.
In a story Feb. 22 about the death of singer Cleotha Staples, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Pervis Staples was a sister. He was a brother and performed with The Staple Singers until 1968.
In a family of vocalists, it was Cleotha Staples' smooth and velvety voice that helped set apart the sound of the influential and best-selling gospel group The Staple Singers.
Cleotha Staples, the eldest sibling in the highly influential gospel group The Staples Singers, has died. She was 78.
She has written nine previous Mitford books, most recently "Light From Heaven," published in 2005.