- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Karen Bass
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti led a procession of marching bands, local dignitaries and celebrities to celebrate the legacy of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
In her latest act of support for slain teenager Trayvon Martin, Calif. Rep. Karen Bass changed both her Twitter and Facebook avatars to the heavily circulated picture of Martin as a child.
With journalists now justifiably fearful that the federal government could examine their telephone logs and dig up other information, support is growing in Congress for a measure to help reporters keep their sources confidential.
U.S. Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe's historic decision to end Saturday mail delivery drew mixed reaction on Capitol Hill — and outright anger from the letter carriers union, which called for his resignation.
Let's organize for change," she said, adding that "There's a lot of police out right now & we don't need to have our kids swept up."
"We must keep working tirelessly to end racial profiling & ensure that the application of the law is equitable, just & fair for everyone," she added.