- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Topic - National Taxpayers Union
National Taxpayers Union (NTU) is a taxpayers advocacy organization in the United States, founded in 1969 by James Dale Davidson. NTU advertises that it is the largest and oldest grassroots taxpayer organization in the nation, with 362,000 members nationwide. It is closely affiliated with a non-profit foundation, the National Taxpayers Union Foundation (NTUF). According to the Form 990 returns of NTUF, the NTU and NTUF share staff, facilities, website and board members. - Source: Wikipedia
Lofty rhetoric with a lofty price: the National Taxpayers Union has conducted a line-by-line analysis of President Obama's lengthy State of the Union address to discover that the actual price tag for all those words would add $39.995 billion a year to the deficit.
Supporters of the misnamed Marketplace Fairness Act (MFA) claim they have momentum in Congress, but pesky facts still stand in their way: widespread public dislike for the scheme and massive opposition from the conservative community ("Backers of tax on Web sales renewing push," Web, Oct. 17).
When it comes to late-night comedy shows, President Obama is a prolific guest, but taxpayers might not be laughing along with him.