- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Topic - National Taxpayers Union
National Taxpayers Union (NTU) is a taxpayers advocacy organization in the United States, founded in 1969 by James Dale Davidson. NTU advertises that it is the largest and oldest grassroots taxpayer organization in the nation, with 362,000 members nationwide. It is closely affiliated with a non-profit foundation, the National Taxpayers Union Foundation (NTUF). According to the Form 990 returns of NTUF, the NTU and NTUF share staff, facilities, website and board members. - Source: Wikipedia
Lofty rhetoric with a lofty price: the National Taxpayers Union has conducted a line-by-line analysis of President Obama's lengthy State of the Union address to discover that the actual price tag for all those words would add $39.995 billion a year to the deficit.
Supporters of the misnamed Marketplace Fairness Act (MFA) claim they have momentum in Congress, but pesky facts still stand in their way: widespread public dislike for the scheme and massive opposition from the conservative community ("Backers of tax on Web sales renewing push," Web, Oct. 17).
When it comes to late-night comedy shows, President Obama is a prolific guest, but taxpayers might not be laughing along with him.