- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Topic - Rusty Fleming
Outmanned and outgunned, local law enforcement officers are alarmed by the drug and human trafficking, prostitution, kidnapping and money laundering that Mexican drug cartels are conducting in the U.S. far from the border.
Singer-songwriter Fiona Apple was arrested for hashish possession at a West Texas Border Patrol checkpoint after a drug-sniffing dog detected marijuana in her tour bus.
Mr. Fleming, who has been dealing with border issues for years, says more stringent measures are needed.
"There's no doubt they're spreading themselves very rapidly and very deep into our U.S. interior," said Mr. Fleming, who directed the documentary "Drug Wars" and has testified before Congress about the drug trade.