- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - The New Republic
The New Republic (TNR) is an American magazine of politics and the arts published continuously since 1914. A weekly for most of its history, it is published twenty times per year as of 2011, at a circulation of approximately 50,000. The publication has announced that as of March 2012 the new owner editor-in-chief and publisher is Chris Hughes and the editor is Richard Just. - Source: Wikipedia
In a story Jan. 27 about the California Supreme Court's denial of a law license to former journalist Stephen Glass, The Associated Press relying on information from the court reported erroneously the publisher of a key article fabricated by Glass. The article "Hack Heaven" was published in The New Republic, not George magazine.
In his first term President Obama was criticized for trash-talking the 1-percenters while enjoying the aristocracy of Martha's Vineyard and the nation's most exclusive golf courses.
On the heels of President Obama's finger-pointing at Fox News, and Rush Limbaugh, for supposedly holding up legislative progress on the national debt, now comes Democrat Sen. Mary Landrieu, who lambasted the network for its coverage of entitlement spending.
Fox News host Greta van Susteren isn’t taking lightly criticism from President Obama that her news network — along with conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh — is failing America by questioning his policies.
President Obama suggested in an interview with the left-leaning magazine, The New Republic, that conservatives ought to compromise, forget Rush Limbaugh, and fall in line with the Democratic Party's policy platforms.
Peter Beinart considers himself a supporter of Israel. He attends synagogue and sends his children to a private Jewish school in New York City. But when it comes to Israel, the pundit and former journalist has emerged as an unconventional bad boy of sorts, rattling the American Jewish community with charges that its leadership's blind support for Israel is helping the Jewish state self-destruct through misguided policies.
Henri Cole has won the sixth annual Jackson Poetry Prize, a $50,000 honor meant to encourage writers considered to have exceptional talent and deserving of wider recognition.