- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - University Of Illinois System
The University of Illinois hopes to have a new president selected by January, well ahead of the retirement of current President Robert Easter.
Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up today in Illinois. Questions about today's coverage plans are welcome, and should be directed to AP-Illinois News Editor Hugh Dellios at 312-781-0500 or email@example.com.
A fifth lawsuit has been filed by state employees challenging Illinois' new pension law.
University of Illinois trustees voted Thursday to add coverage for sex change operations and treatment to the health insurance plan used by many students at the flagship campus.
Bill Clinton accepted a $225,000 speaking fee from the nonprofit Washington Hospital Center smack in the middle of two big rounds of layoffs in 2012 — one of a number of tax-exempt organizations that have paid big money to hear the former president talk.
Illinois' economic growth slowed in February and a University of Illinois economist says you can probably blame it on the weather.
Dr. Raymond Bertino has been both the volunteer and the victim when an airline attendant asked over the intercom, "Is there a doctor on the plane?"
A student cheering group at the University of Illinois has pledged $1 million to help renovate the school's sports arena.
Champaign County began issuing same-sex marriage licenses Wednesday, making it the second county to do so after a federal judge ruled Cook County gay couples did not have to wait until the state's new gay marriage law takes effect this summer.
Champaign County's first marriage license to a same-sex couple has been issued to two University of Illinois law students.
Rick Warren acts on mental health in son's death
Officials say the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a partner in the new Digital Lab for Manufacturing.
The Chicago hub will receive $70 million for a Pentagon-led institute that focuses on high-tech digital manufacturing and design. But Obama seemed eager to dispel any suspicions that hometown favoritism might have played a role in awarding Chicago one of the manufacturing centers.
Gov. Pat Quinn says a new digital manufacturing lab to open in Chicago will become a birthplace for innovations.
The new public-private digital manufacturing lab planned for Chicago will mean 50 to 70 jobs for the city, a professor involved in the project says, but potentially far-reaching innovation for dozens of companies involved.