- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - U.S. House Of Representatives
Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema is undoubtedly tempted to jump from her current swing district to the solidly Democratic 7th Congressional District seat being vacated by the retirement of Rep. Ed Pastor, but her campaign is not addressing widespread speculation she will enter the fray.
The House cancelled its session on Monday as a severe winter storm is expected to hit Washington.
A look at the prospective Democratic candidates for lieutenant governor in Pennsylvania:
A first-term state senator from Fargo is seeking a seat on North Dakota Public Service Commission.
Recent editorials from Louisiana newspapers:
Democratic National Chairman Debbie Wasserman Schultz said Monday it might take a couple of elections until the GOP realizes its agenda has been rejected by the American people, punting on the likelihood of her party re-taking control of the U.S. House of Representatives after the fall elections.
Durango businessman Jaime McMillan has ended his dark horse bid for the Republican U.S. Senate nomination.
A Minnesota native has taken command of a Connecticut-based submarine named for his home state.
Sunset Drive homeowner Wally Cantrell's finished basement was destroyed in the June 2008 flood in Columbus, but his flood insurance policy helped cover a good bit of the repairs.
Green Bay Press-Gazette, Feb. 10
In a story Feb. 7 about President Obama's upcoming visit to Fresno, The Associated Press reported erroneously the body that passed a water bill. It was was passed by the U.S. House of Representatives, not the California house.
Democratic and Republican candidates who qualified for major state offices:
For decades, the federal agency that oversees workplace safety has been prohibited from regulating small farming operations. But lawmakers in South Dakota and other farm states have grown concerned that could be changing and are seeking to head off any effort to change decades of precedent.
U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor is criticizing challenger U.S. Rep. Tom Cotton for voting against the $100 billion-a-year farm bill.
The U.S. Department of Justice wants an appeal to a court ruling that allows the U.S. House of Representatives to proceed with contempt charges against U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. for his role in the botched "Fast and Furious" gun-running scheme.