Stretching helps Back Pain.
A simple as it sounds, gentle stretching goes a long way to relieving back pain. However, few people take the prescription seriously, Back pain often results from stiff muscles, ligaments and tendons in the back, legs, buttocks, and around the spine. While it may take weeks or months of stretching to mobilize the spine and soft tissues, many people will find relief of back pain.
Here are a few simple reminders of how to perform stretches:
• Wear comfortable clothes
• Do not force the body into difficult positions. It shouldn’t hurt.
• Stretch slowly. No bouncing, which may actually tear muscles
• When doing floor work, lie on a clean, flat surface that is large enough to move freely
• Hold stretches long enough (20-30 seconds) to allow muscles or joints to become loose
• Repeat the stretch, generally 5 – 10 times
Click here for more information on back pain.