Killing a Sunday afternoon with 13 stats/items on 13 Maryland basketball players …
* David Pearman took a 3-pointer in the latter stages of yesterday’s game. He was the first one-time nonscholarship Terp (Calvin McCall doesn’t count) to attempt at 3-pointer at Cameron Indoor Stadium since Norman Fields in 1998.
* Steve Goins shared the team lead in offensive rebounds yesterday with two.
* If you count the entire 2006-07 as time lost because of injury, Jerome Burney has missed 48 of 87 career games (55.2 percent) due to various ailments.
* Jin Soo Kim scored 20 points in an exhibition game and 26 points in 15 appearances since. Of course, he’s also the only player on the roster with a positive plus-minus in league games.
* Braxton Dupree is shooting 2-for-19 this month.
* Cliff Tucker‘s 17 minutes against Duke tied for his second most since falling out of the starting lineup in late November.
* Of those in Maryland’s regular rotation, Dino Gregory leads the team in rebounds per 40 minutes (8.2).
* Sean Mosley has secured an offensive rebound in eight straight games, tied for second on the team with Adrian Bowie behind only Landon Milbourne (19).
* Dave Neal has surpassed his three-year totals in points, rebounds, assists, field goals made, field goals attempts and minutes as a senior.
* If Eric Hayes didn’t have to go back to Cameron Indoor Stadium next year, he probably wouldn’t be sad. The junior has shot 2-for-14 for seven points, three assists and 11 turnovers in three games in Durham.
* Adrian Bowie has 68 points in five conference games this season; he had 66 points in league play as a freshman.
* Landon Milbourne has at least shared the team lead in rebounding in each conference game this season.
* Greivis Vasquez played 28 minutes against Duke, his fewest against a conference opponent since a 28-minute stint against N.C. State as a freshman. Vasquez had played at least 30 minutes in 20 straight games against ACC teams (including the league tournament).
—- Patrick Stevens