- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
- India top court rules homosexuality is illegal
Inside GSA's "Over the Top" Vegas Bash
For a few days in Las Vegas in 2010, General Service Administration officials gathered for a conference that featured lots of fun and games but more than a year later spawned resignations and a law enforcement probe after a GSA Inspector General probe recently found massive waste. GSA officials, through a Freedom of Information Act request by The Washington Times, have released more than two dozen videos, hundreds of pictures and other documents that provide a comprehensive look into what one organizer called an "over the top" gathering.
Click a thumbnail below to watch the video.
Schedule - with presentations and photos
- Keynote speakers: former NBA player Walter Bond and Bob Garner, who "holds a Master's in Religious Studies" and has been "recognized by the Academy of Magical Arts and Sciences in Hollywood, Califonia as one of the top mentalists in the world."
- Breakout Sessions and Customer Workshop (view presentations below)