- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
AP live blog of Game 5 of the NBA finals
Question of the Day
Mike Miller, who started in his place, just opened the third quarter by nailing a game-tying 3-pointer.
No official updates yet on Wade’s status.
By the way, at least one Mavs fan was very upset at halftime. She ordered a $4 drink from a vendor, gave him a $20 and got back a $10 bill, a $5 bill and a $1 coin in change. The coin set her OFF. It was getting huffy in here, folks.
Finals pressure. It affects everyone.
Halftime of Game 5. Dallas 60, Miami 57.
No, that’s not through three quarters.
What’s happening here is somewhat surprising. These finals have been all about defense. Not tonight, they haven’t. A game in June has January defensive intensity, for the most part.
So we’re on pace for a 120-114 game.
I say we don’t get anywhere near that. (Disclaimer: I’m always wrong.) These defenses are too good. And these numbers are coming without Dirk Nowitzki going off, with Dwyane Wade having a bruised left hip, with LeBron James still in single-digits.
How did we get here?
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Gun advocates credit new concealed carry laws for sharp drop in Chicago murder rate
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener