- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
NFL playoffs: Patriots’ season ends with ‘crash landing’
Question of the Day
The absence of tight end Rob Gronkowski was probably the costliest. He watched the game from owner Robert Kraft’s box after breaking his left arm the previous Sunday in a 41-28 divisional win over the Houston Texans.
“Baltimore’s always been a tough team for us,” he said. “Even when we play our best they’re a tough team for us and they play very well.”
The momentum began to shift Sunday when Brady mismanaged the clock and the Patriots settled for a field goal on the last play before intermission. In the second half, Joe Flacco threw touchdown passes on three of Baltimore’s first four possessions and New England lost two interceptions and one fumble on three of its last four.
At the most critical time, Brady and his teammates collapsed.
But “there were a lot of positives from this football team,” Belichick said. “We wouldn’t have gotten to where we were without a lot of good, consistent performances from a lot of people.”
More of them on Sunday might have sent the Patriots back to the Super Bowl.
“A season that’s very much alive and with great hopes and expectations and energy suddenly crashes and it’s over,” Belichick said. “That’s where we are today. It’s stopped. It’s over. We’re onto next year.”
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world