- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Democrats reveal an identity crisis by pretending to be what they're not
Topic - Honduras
A massive influx of unlawful immigrants from Central America has policymakers searching for quick fix. While inadequate border security and false perceptions of U.S. immigration law have undoubtedly helped fuel the problem, they are just part of the equation. A thorough understanding requires a look further south.
The seeded Swiss national team face their first test in Karim Benzema and France.
Argentina look to avoid the same disastrous start another favorite, Uruguay, suffered on Saturday.
Newspapers in El Salvador and Honduras are sending youth a compelling message, recommending they head north to the United States — President Obama's administration welcomes them.
Top Obama officials on Monday rejected accusations that their policies have invited the surge of young children trying to jump the U.S.-Mexico border and enter the country illegally, saying the cause is violence in Central America, not the promise of legal status here.
Reinaldo Rueda couldn't control the tears when Ecuador striker Christian Benitez died suddenly from a heart problem last July.
Six U.S. men detained for weeks in Honduras were working on a project to aid local lobster divers, associates said Saturday, and they deny violating weapons laws by failing to declare a gun.
Switzerland has built a reputation at recent tournaments as an underachiever making unlamented early exits. This young, hard-to-beat team can change that at the World Cup in Brazil.
France will head to the World Cup as the favorite in Group E despite strong competition from a well-organized Switzerland coached by Ottmar Hitzfeld.
Playing at the World Cup for only the third time, teamwork and organization will be key for Honduras.
Luis Fernando Suarez made history when he guided Ecuador to the round of 16 at the 2006 World Cup, and the Colombian has already achieved considerable success with Honduras just by qualifying for this year's tournament.
Looking for its first win in its third World Cup, Honduras coach Luis Fernando Suarez is ready to spring a surprise in Brazil.
Mevlut Erdinc and Caner Erkin scored in the second half as Turkey beat World Cup-bound Honduras 2-0 in an international friendly on Wednesday night.
Mevlut Erdinc and Caner Erkin scored in the second half to help Turkey beat World Cup-bound Honduras 2-0 on Wednesday night at RFK Stadium.
From the dusty soccer pitch, 11-year-old Maynor Ayala can see two ways out of the gang-controlled slums: on a professional soccer team, or in a cheap coffin.