- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
- Delta cancels all Israel flights over missile fear; US Airways also stops flight to Tel Aviv
- Philadelphia mosque leaders try to sever hand of accused thief
- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Islam
A man accused of building homemade bombs to wage holy war in New York City pleaded guilty Wednesday to a terrorism charge less than a week before his scheduled trial in a rare state-level terrorism case.
The Pentagon's top brass has dealt another blow to a decorated Army officer who was fired last year as a war college instructor because of his teachings about radical Islam, his attorney told The Washington Times.
Editor's Note: In this second of a five-part series, Middle East and Islam specialist Daniel Pipes documents evidence from Barack Obama's childhood years that points to his Muslim identity.
Pakistani police are investigating whether a Muslim cleric who allegedly tried to frame a Christian girl for blasphemy should be charged with insulting Islam himself and potentially face life in prison, a police officer said Monday.
How little we know about holy Islam. When those poor wretches who were imprisoned at Abu Ghraib were pictured for all the world to see naked with underpants on their heads, we were told that the naked male Islamic body must never be seen in public.
A self-proclaimed prophet had a vision from God: He would build an Islamic caliphate under the earth. The digging began about a decade ago and 70 followers soon moved into an eight-level subterranean honeycomb of cramped cells with no light, heat or ventilation.
One of the Arab world's best known Egyptian comedians has been sentenced to three months in jail for offending Islam, a judge said Thursday, in the latest such case against a high-profile figure, underlining concerns about freedom of expression in Egypt.
U.S. intelligence agencies are investigating reports that al Qaeda-aligned groups played a key role in the deadly commando-style attack near the Israeli resort town of Eilat last week.
An Army psychiatrist at Fort Hood, Texas, murders 13 of his service mates. A Pakistani immigrant tries to set off a car bomb in Times Square. An American convert to Islam murders a military recruiter in Arkansas. Each subscribed to a radical strain of Islam that, they believed, directed them to defend their faith by killing Americans. These attacks, along with the dozens of homegrown plots we know about, raise obvious questions about dangers that may be emanating from the American Muslim community of 2-3 million people.
My chief problem with the proposed Islamic cultural center near ground zero is that modern-day Islam has become as much a political movement as a religious one ("Panel allows mosque close to ground zero," Page 1, Wednesday). As such, why is it granted favorable status under our tax codes and other laws?
(8) Piety: Mr. Obama said that in Indonesia, he "didn't practice" Islam, an assertion that inadvertently acknowledges his Muslim identity by implying he was a nonobservant Muslim.
CAIRO (AP) - One of the Arab world's best known Egyptian comedians has been sentenced to three months in jail for offending Islam, a judge said Thursday, in the latest such case against a high-profile figure, underlining concerns about freedom of expression in Egypt.