- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - James Edwards
The longtime president of Anderson University is stepping down from the office, although he didn't call it a retirement.
One of the teenagers arrested in the random shooting death of an Australian man on a baseball scholarship at an Oklahoma college sent out a string of colorful Twitter messages in the days leading up to the gun crime: "White ppl are nasty," read one.
"I'm not sure what retirement means, and I haven't come to terms with that," James Edwards said Monday. "But my wife and I have been making plans, and I thought it was in the best interest of the university to work on the transition thing."
"I think our sense of distinctiveness as a Christian university has created a special place for us," Edwards said.