- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Lee Hullinghorst
Another Colorado Democrat has stoked the state's raging gun-control debate by challenging the argument that guns are needed for self-defense.
DENVER - Another Colorado Democrat has stoked the state's raging gun-control debate by challenging the argument that guns are needed for self-defense.
"As a woman, I have the right not to carry a gun and to feel safe on the streets, and that's what we provide for in the state legislature is for all of us in the state of Colorado — to feel safe on the streets without having to carry a gun," said Ms. Hullinghorst on the Web-based "Tim Caffrey Show."
"The thought that the only way we can protect ourselves is to wield our own weapon is completely absurd and an argument that I absolutely discount as frivolous," Ms. Hullinghorst said.