- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Save The Children
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an internationally active non-governmental organization that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries. It was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 in order to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts. - Source: Wikipedia
With children being infected with the HIV virus because of ignorance and promiscuity, it's high time we re-educate ourselves and sit down with our young children and young adults to have "the talk" — about the birds, bees and abstinence.
Facing extraordinary challenges, millions of Syrian children in government-controlled areas returned to school this week despite the civil war that has left almost 4,000 schools — one in five — damaged, destroyed or sheltering displaced families.
A conservative pro-life organization issued a lengthy report Wednesday claiming a Catholic charity is being unfaithful to the church's teachings by funding groups that promote birth control.
Sam Simon, the co-creator of "The Simpsons," has just months to live but is spending his last moments giving away millions of dollars to various charities.
The non-profit National Father's Day Council awarded former President Bill Clinton as "Father of the Year" at a New York fundraiser for Save the Children on Tuesday, Reuters reported.
Syrian government forces and rebels are recruiting children to fight in the civil war and, in some cases, are using them as human shields, a Britain-based charity says.
Both on the left and the right there are calls for enhancing security in schools in the wake of the Dec. 14 mass murder at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
A pretty package can make up for a so-so gift, says stylist-designer Rachel Zoe.
For all the miracle stories of tiny preemies who survive, the sad reality is that scientists know far too little about what triggers premature birth and how to prevent it. And despite some recent progress, the U.S. has a far higher rate of preterm births than other similar nations.