- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Seattle Mariners
Los Angeles starter Josh Beckett gave up three home runs in three innings in the Dodgers' 8-5 loss to the Seattle Mariners on Saturday night in split-squad game.
Backed by early two-run homers from Brad Miller and Michael Saunders, right-hander Erasmo Ramirez cruised through four scoreless innings to send a Seattle Mariners split squad to an 18-3 rout of the San Francisco Giants on Saturday.
Seattle Mariners third base coach John Stearns has asked to be reassigned so he can recover from a hernia operation. He will be replaced by Rich Donnelly.
Chris Heisey is confident in knowing he doesn't have to put a lot of pressure on himself to make the Cincinnati Reds' major league roster out of spring training. A seasoned veteran and valuable fourth outfielder, he can focus on more specialized parts of his game.
A person familiar with the negotiations says left-hander Oliver Perez and the Arizona Diamondbacks have agreed to a $4.25 million, two-year contract.
Fernando Rodney gave up a run and two hits in his debut with the Seattle but Jesus Montero had two singles and an RBI to help the Mariners beat a Chicago White Sox split-squad 7-4 Thursday.
Morse, the popular former Nationals slugger, was pleased to sign with the Giants in December, and he's hoping he has overcome the injuries and other struggles that challenged him through a dismal 2013 season with the Mariners and Orioles.
It's a waiting game. And as the young left-hander has been reminded over the last five months by the thin pink scar running down the front of his left shoulder, nothing can accelerate time.
James Paxton allowed two hits in three scoreless innings and Nick Franklin drove in two runs Wednesday in the Seattle Mariners' 8-5 loss to the Cleveland Indians.
Felix Hernandez gave up two hits and struck out one over two scoreless innings in his first spring training start as the Seattle Mariners beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 4-1 Tuesday.
Robinson Cano had two hits and an RBI and Dustin Ackley's had a three-run double among his two hits, as a Seattle Mariners split-squad beat the Colorado Rockies 8-1 Monday.
Harold Reynolds and Tom Verducci will join Joe Buck in the announcers' booth for Fox's Major League Baseball coverage this season.
Billy Hamilton bunted for a single - the biggest focus of his offseason - and stole another base for Cincinnati on Monday before a split squad of Seattle Mariners rallied for a 6-5 victory over the Reds.
Nick Swisher is excited to be back - even if it is only early March.
Washington state at 1 a.m.