- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Topic - Senate Committee On Foreign Relations
Two senators warned Iraq on Thursday that it could face a sharp cut in aid if it continues to fail to protect unarmed Iranian dissidents after a deadly attack on a refugee camp north of Baghdad last month.
The Obama national security team that wants to go to war with Syria and demonizes President Bashar Assad is the same group that, as senators, urged reaching out to the dictator.
State Department officials said Tuesday they could use extra help to strengthen embassy security, but they said it's unclear whether measures being proposed by senators would have prevented last year's attack in Benghazi, Libya, that killed four Americans.
President Obama faces mounting bipartisan pressure for the U.S. to become more deeply involved in Syria's civil war, with a key Senate panel pushing through legislation Tuesday that would clear the way for the administration to supply weapons to rebels fighters in the Mideast nation.
No red carpet, but there are sure to be gawkable moments and a few screams Wednesday morning when a celebrity with a cause celebre comes to call on the U.S. Senate. That would be George Clooney, who has the lead role in a hearing before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. The script is based around the security and disposition of Sudan and South Sudan.