* Mike Green says he is fine and will play tomorrow. Alexander Semin did not practice, but Bruce Boudreau did not rule him out for the Flyers.
* Jose Theodore said his hip had been bothering a little in the previous games he played, but he pronounced himself ready to go. Boudreau didn’t officially name Brent Johnson the starter, but he certainly made it sound like he will be in net tomorrow around 1 p.m.
* Both GM George McPhee and Boudreau said the biggest reason for sending Simeon Varlamov back to Hershey is playing time. They don’t want to keep him here if he is playing once a week (or less if there are three healthy goalies), and the Bears have three games this weekend. McPhee mentioned that European goalies aren’t used to the heavy workload in North America because of the lighter schedules across the pond.
* Boudreau said Brooks Laich was wearing a black jersey to help give the other guys a rest since five of them finished the game last night (without Green) and because Laich could be needed back there in a pinch with Sergei Fedorov out.
* McPhee said Chris Clark and Jeff Schultz could come back during the holiday freeze, but Schultz is at least 7-10 days away (which is after the freeze) and Clark’s return remains uncertain. He said the Caps will worry about the salary cap implications (specifically what to do with Karl Alzner) when Clark and Schultz are ready.
Considering the fluid nature of the Caps’ injury situation this season, it might not matter that Clark is ready if someone else can be placed on LTIR.
* Clark said he felt pretty good after his first full practice with the team and hopes to be back soon. He did not rule out a return before the holidays.