AskMen.com has done a big favor for dudes by creating a top 10 list of things you shouldn’t say to a woman.
The don’t-say-this list includes:
“Can I kiss you?” (shows that you’re a boy, not a man).
“Can I take you out on a date sometime?” (shows you lack confidence).
“Do you like me?” (If you have to ask, the answer’s “no.”)
I’d like to add a few my own field-tested lines on which guys should their bite tongues:
- “Yes, those jeans make you look fat.” (Honesty is NOT the best policy, especially in a relationship.)
- “Your sister’s hot, but your mom’s hotter.” (See above explanation.)
- “Let’s go dutch.” (This works only if you’re talking about a trip to Amsterdam.)
- “You smell that? Was that you?” (Even if it was her, don’t say this. Curiosity killed the cat — and the mood.)
- “My doctor said … ” (Whatever comes after this lead-in is irrelevant. If you have to talk about your medical health, you’re toast.)