- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - fielding
The Brewers are still looking for a replacement for Prince Fielder at first base two years after he left.
Prince Fielder used to take batting practice as a kid at Tigers Stadium, and was known for hitting the ball over the right-field fence at a young age.
From Manny Machado's sling to Aroldis Chapman's zing to a fan's sting, there was plenty to see at the All-Star game Tuesday night. Well, except for runs.
With his beefy frame and prodigious power, Prince Fielder doesn't look like a player who can simply blend into a lineup.
Big-time pitching by Giants reliever Jeremy Affeldt.
They entered the World Series a collection of stars rivaling any team in baseball.
Angel Pagan put a charge into his fifth-inning drive but Austin Jackson ran it down in deep center. A lot of room out there in spacious Comerica Park.
That's it. The final score is Giants 2, Tigers 0 for the second consecutive game in this World Series.
Another squandered opportunity for the Tigers, who just can't manage to get a big hit.
Game 1 of the 2012 World Series is in the books. Pablo Sandoval hit three home runs and the San Francisco Giants cruised to an 8-3 rout of the Detroit Tigers behind Barry Zito and Tim Lincecum.
Justin Verlander is done after four innings and 98 pitches. He was lifted for a pinch hitter in the top of the fifth with the Tigers trailing the Giants 5-0.
The Washington Nationals paid a heavy price for Gio Gonzalez last winter, shipping four well-regarded players to Oakland to obtain the left-hander and immediately signing him to a lucrative contract extension.
The word "Detroit" is stitched across the chest of Prince Fielder now. He wears the navy and white uniform his father once wore and has made himself at home with his new team.
Ryan Braun's navy blue No. 8 uniform hangs in one of his corner lockers with a pair of perfectly crisp white pants. Four shoeboxes are stacked in his second space.
Tim Lincecum thought about the seismic shifts of baseball's offseason, the ones that saw Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder migrate to the American League.
"I was just messing around," said Fielder, in his first season with the Rangers after a trade that sent fan favorite Ian Kinsler to Detroit. "But I guess it worked."
Texas Rangers' Prince Fielder shouts back at a teammate as the two joke around during batting practice at spring training baseball practice, Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2014, in Surprise, Ariz. (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez)