- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
- Cries of anguish as South Korea ferry toll tops 100
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Topic - Mitch Daniels
Mitch Daniels spurned calls to run for the White House in 2012, but the Purdue University president will have a hand in the 2016 race.
A group of central Indiana manufacturers and warehousing companies is pushing to revive a proposal for a highway that would link the region's major interstates and communities.
When Gov. Mike Pence signed the new preschool pilot program into law last week, he heaped praise on a bipartisan group of lawmakers who gathered around him at the DayStar Childcare Ministry in Indianapolis.
A plan to finance the cost of a section of the new Interstate 69 connection between Indianapolis and Evansville is drawing both praise and ire.
The race for Illinois governor is shaping up as a battle of vastly different visions on how to revive a lagging economy in one of the Midwest's last Democratic strongholds.
Purdue University President Mitch Daniels is back on campus after cutting short a trip to Colombia over the fatal shooting of a student in a classroom.
Purdue University President Mitch Daniels is cutting short a trip to Colombia after a fatal shooting on the West Lafayette campus.
The Times, Munster. Jan. 20, 2014.
A routine day of classes was pierced by the sounds of gunfire, fire alarms and screams when a Purdue University student entered a basement classroom and shot and killed a fellow senior engineering student from Wisconsin, whom a former teacher described as having a "brilliant mind."
Embattled Indiana schools Superintendent Glenda Ritz has received a standing ovation during Republican Gov. Mike Pence's second State of the State address.
Purdue University President Mitch Daniels said Tuesday he will ask the school's trustees to extend the tuition freeze on the West Lafayette campus for a third year.
Former Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels was one of the staunchest defenders of the K-12 academic standards known as Common Core. But Indiana is now ground zero in the fight against those very standards, and it may lead the way for other states to consider pulling out of the system.
Resistance to the nationwide K-12 school standards known as Common Core is now on full display in Indiana.
Daniels has pledged to avoid politics while president of Purdue, but the former Indiana governor says he couldn't say no because of the caliber of the panelists.
He has said he'd do that by lowering taxes, cutting spending and making Illinois friendlier to business.