- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
NFL Today, Week 17
Question of the Day
AIR IT OUT
Detroit’s Matthew Stafford threw for 520 yards and five TDs and his opponent, Green Bay backup Matt Flynn, passed for 480 yards with six touchdowns in the Packers’ 45-41 victory over the Lions, becoming the first pair of opposing quarterbacks to throw from more than 400-plus yards and five-plus touchdowns in an NFL game, according to STATS LLC.
Jacksonville’s Maurice Jones-Drew ran for a season-high 169 yards, clinching the NFL rushing title and breaking Fred Taylor’s single-season franchise record. … Tennessee’s Chris Johnson ran for 61 yards to go over 1,000 for the fourth consecutive season. … New Orleans receiver Marques Colston broke the 1,000-yard mark for the fifth time in his six pro seasons. … Patriots coach Bill Belichick became the only coach in NFL history with at least 13 regular-season wins in five different seasons. … 49ers new coach Jim Harbaugh is just the fourth rookie head coach to win 13 games and third by the 49ers, topped by George Seifert’s 14-2 showing in 1989. … Roddy White passed Terance Mathis for the most yards receiving with the Falcons. Mathis had 7,349 yards from 1994-2001. White began Sunday 44 yards behind Mathis and set the mark in the third quarter. He finished with 69 yards Sunday. … Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward had five catches and became the eighth player in NFL history to reach 1,000 career catches. Ward and Hall of Famer Jerry Rice are the only players with 1,000 receptions and more than one Super Bowl win.
The 36-year-old Jake Delhomme, signed by the Texans Nov. 29 in the wake of season-ending injuries to starter Matt Schaub and backup Matt Leinart, saw his first NFL action since December 2010. He completed 18 of 28 passes for 211 yards, including a 5-yard touchdown pass for Houston in a 23-22 loss to Tennessee.
With a 19-13 loss to Jacksonville, the Indianapolis Colts (2-14) locked up the top pick in April’s NFL draft, setting the stage to select Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck. … The Rams (2-14) will have the second pick because of tiebreaker based on opponents’ strength of schedule. … By losing to Chicago, the Minnesota Vikings (3-13) ensured themselves the third slot in the first round of the draft.
The Jets gave up six third-down conversions during the Miami’s 21-play, 94-yard drive for their only touchdown in a 19-17 loss to the Dolphins. … The Jets gave up 126 points off turnovers this year, the most in the NFL. … The Eagles set a franchise record for total yards with 6,386 but missed the playoffs for the first time since 2007. … Philadelphia’s Michael Vick threw for 335 yards, becoming the second player to have consecutive seasons with 3,000 yards passing and 500 yards rushing. … The Saints had a franchise record 617 yards of total offense in a 45-17 victory over the Panthers. … The New England Patroits set the NFL record for most yards passing allowed, 4,727. The previous mark of 4,541 was set by the Atlanta Falcons in 1995.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Sen. Max Baucus: Obamas choice for China ambassador
- Obama's own panel rips NSA spying on phone calls of Americans
- President gets budget win -- but only by staying out of negotiations
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow