A few quick (and truncated) predictions for this afternoon’s Navy-Troy game
1. Noah Copeland will run for 100 yards. It hasn’t been the best of years for Navy’s fullbacks, but Copeland is due to turn in one of his more productive days of the year. Troy is an unremarkable 72nd nationally against the run.
2. Keenan Reynolds will play turnover-free … again. It’s a big part of why the freshman has been so successful since becoming Navy’s starter early last month.
3. There will be a defensive or special teams touchdown scored in this game. Just a hunch and nothing more.
4. The Mids will have a six-minute scoring drive. Navy should be in position to piece together at least one of its usual time clock-draining possessions.
5. Navy will win. The Mids should track down their sixth consecutive victory overall and second in as many years against Troy.
—- Patrick Stevens