In this week’s Maryland depth chart, Matt Robinson makes his return. The full rundown …
* Robinson, who has played in only two games this season, returned to the depth chart. That seemed only a matter of time. What’s intriguing is he is listed as a co-starter with senior Eric Franklin rather than taking back the other safety spot.
Franklin has 23 career starts, and his 22 in a row ranks second on the roster behind only Joe Vellano. He has 34 tackles this season despite being a mainstay for virtually every snap this season.
Sean Davis, who started two games earlier this season at safety, is listed as a third-stringer. Anthony Nixon remains the starter at the other safety spot.
* With Demetrius Hartsfield done for the season with a torn ACL, Maryland’s inside linebacker assignments were juggled. Bradley Johnson is now a backup to Cole Farrand, while L.A Goree rises to a starting spot. Alex Twine, who started the first five games of the season at strong-side linebacker before giving way to Kenneth Tate, is now listed as a reserve at inside linebacker.
* With Twine moving inside, freshman Avery Thompson is listed as Tate’s backup on the strong side.
* Bennett Fulper, who missed two games with a turf toe injury, returned to play a few series against Georgia Tech in place of Josh Cary. Unsurprisingly, the two are listed as co-starters at left guard. Fulper has 27 career starts, including six this season. Cary has 12 career starts, including the last three games.
* Redshirt freshman Brandon Ross is listed as the outright No. 2 tailback, ahead of co-third stringers Justus Pickett and Albert Reid. The three were listed as equals on the depth chart before Ross ran for 66 yards on 12 carries against Georgia Tech.
—- Patrick Stevens