5:15pm Every Wednesday afternoon… it’s Attorney Paul Samakow with his legal perspective on the top stories of the week:
Topics on deck:
- Child porn OK to watch in New York
- Woman sued for sending text message to driver…. note the lawsuit is against the person sending the text to the driver… also, the driver was sued… the plaintiffs were on a motorcycle when a texting motor vehicle driver drifted into their lane and hit them, resulting in both motorcycle driver and his passenger both losing their legs.
- Dominique Strass Kahn counter-sues hotel maid.
- National medical malpractice payouts are not going up…. “crisis” in healthcare has nothing to do with lawsuits
- General Mills must defend a lawsuit in California where they are being sued because of allegedly false claims that their “Fruit Roll-Ups” are made with real fruit… lawsuit says the advertising claim is false and misleading…
- OJ Simpson somehow hired another lawyer, who is now trying to get his last theft conviction over-turned on the basis that OJ’s lawyer at that time was lousy.
Legal tip of the day: Identity Theft… the only number to call for your truly “free” credit report