By Master Pastry Chef Erich Herbitschek - Gasparilla Grill & Games Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
If you’ve enjoyed at meal at the restaurants at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at Walt Disney World, chances are you’ve tasted one of the delicious breads and confections from the bakery, like these moist Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies.
Chef Eric Herbitschek (Photo courtesy of Walt Disney World)
Easy to make with granola, oatmeal and a splash of rum, they have plenty of fiber and no trans fats. (You could skip the rum and soak the raisins in apple juice if you prefer.)
And the molasses and a pinch of cinnamon add robust flavor.
We keep a staff of more than 30 bakers busy at Disney’s Grand Floridian, making everything from these easy cookies to 10,000 fancy dessert soufflés a year for our top-notch Victoria & Albert’s restaurant. After any meal, from fresh seafood at Narcoossee’s to elk tenderloin at Victoria & Albert’s, our guests still want a sweet ending!
For dining in the resort’s five restaurants – 1900 Park Fare, Grand Floridian Cafe, Cítricos, Victoria & Albert’s or Narcoossee’s – call 407-WDW-DINE.
DISNEY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
1 dozen cookies
3/4 cup raisins
2 tablespoons rum
1 stick of butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon molasses
1 1/4 cup pastry flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup granola cereal without raisins
3/4 cup oatmeal
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
2. Soak raisins in rum in a shallow bowl; set aside.
3. Cream butter, salt and both sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed. Slowly add the egg and mix thoroughly. Blend in molasses.
4. Add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, granola, oatmeal and rum-soaked raisins. Mix thoroughly.
5. Drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between mounds.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.